Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Puppies

For the past 2 weeks I've been house sitting for different people that I work with. It's been great relaxing in giant houses all by myself, getting to watch whatever show I want on television, soaking in jacuzzi tubs. The best part has been the puppies that I get to watch as well. It's amazing how much joy an animal can bring to your life. Corra was the first puppy I was taking care of. She's a golden retriever and only a few of months old. It's fun to watch her frolic in the grass and chase her tail. She would be so exhausted at the end of each night that she would curl up next to me and fall asleep. That right there is pure contentment! Everything went well with her until the last night. While working on my laptop I unhooked the cable between my coputer and digital camera. Not even thinking of the cable dangling so enticingly over the bed I went on with my work. About an hour later I looked down and saw Corra sitting there so patiently with this gleam in her eye. Then I saw the cord; chewed down with the end completely mangled and sitting across the room. DOH!!!

I learned a very useful lesson that night. Make sure all your items are properly baby/puppy proofed!!! Someday when I have a dog of my own I'll be sure to have everything in my home prepared! In the meantime, there won't be pictures posted on my blog for awhile. That is, until I get a new connector cord.

No comments: