Search This Blog

Monday, July 14, 2008

Birthday, Bastille Day & National Nude Day...

Happy Birthday to me! It's been a great day so far, and it's only half way done.

This past Saturday some friends threw a huge birthday party for me. There was a BBQ, water balloons, twister, pinata and a drive in movie. Over 70 people showed up to the party, and I was blown away by the friendship and love. It amazes me how many friends I've made in the year that I've lived in Logan. My landlord even came to the party and brought trays of desserts from this fancy restaurant in town called Hamiltons. 2 of the trays were filled with lemon bars which are my favorite dessert! There was even a cake with a collage of pictures from my past on it.
My friend Kim D. was the main organizer for the party, and I owe her so much. One of the best parts that she did, was find a tiara for me to wear. The whole day I felt like a princess.

We watched Shrek and then "I am Legend" during the movie part. Couches, love sacks, chairs and tarps were pulled out to the drive way to watch the movies that were projected up on the side of the building. I got to sit on the couch in the dead center, and was made into a "becky sandwich" by Corlan and Jake. Thank goodness they were there to keep me warm, because the temperature dropped pretty quickly once it became dark.

All in all, I'm having a great birthday. Pictures will be coming soon!

No comments: